If you have metal allergies or sensitivities, metal-free restorations are vital in helping you maintain good oral health and avoid materials that irritate or inflame your oral cavities. In Elgin, Dr. Sirin uses advanced dental technology to provide biocompatible restorations that are both healthy and beautiful.
Metal Allergies and Sensitivities
Nickel, beryllium, and chromium are the most common culprits that provoke reactions. If you have a reaction to dental work using materials to which you are allergic or sensitive, you can experience some of the following oral signs or symptoms:
- Chronic inflammation
- Unusual dryness
Types of Metal-Free Restorations
Dr. Sirin uses highly aesthetic metal-free restorations for dental fillings, crowns, and bridges. You don’t have to worry about negative reactions and the associated discomfort. And the restorations will blend with the color of your natural teeth.
All-ceramic crowns have several advantages over traditional ones with a metal foundation.
- Aesthetics – They can be made to match the color, translucence, and gloss of your natural teeth.
- Conservative preparation – When a damaged tooth has enough healthy structure left, sometimes a porcelain onlay, instead of a full crown, can be used.
- Durability – They are extraordinarily strong.
- Metal-free – After a crown is bonded to your natural tooth, darkness around your gumline won’t develop.
The before-and-after photos below show how porcelain crowns can be used to beautifully enhance a patient’s smile. The crowns match the shade and characteristics of the surrounding natural teeth.
- e.max – A dental bridge on front teeth can be highly aesthetic. e.max, lithium disilicate, is a high-strength material that mimics the color, gloss, and translucence of your natural teeth.
- Zirconia – Zirconium dioxide is high-strength ceramic—so strong that it is often referred to as ceramic steel. It supports a bridge on back teeth and will closely match your natural teeth.
Dr. Sirin uses metal-free dental composite, and at times, porcelain onlays for fillings. In addition to being biocompatible, they have other advantages, including:
- Preserve more of your healthy tooth structure
- Strengthen and protect teeth
- Match the color of your natural teeth
Interested in Metal-Free Dentistry?
Dr. Sirin has advanced training in cosmetic dentistry and continues to learn about the advanced tools and techniques required to give you a beautiful smile using metal-free restorations. The high-quality materials and high-tech tools he uses ensure your restorations will last.
Call our office if you have questions, or request an appointment for an exam.