Snap-on dentures are a healthier alternative to complete removable dentures. As few as two implants can be used to secure a denture and alleviate the discomfort and slippage of traditional dentures.
What Are Snap-on Dentures?
Dental implants, or artificial root forms, are surgically placed in your jawbone. After the jawbone heals and fuses with the root forms, your dentures are snapped onto the implants. Instead of the usual six or more implants to stabilize your denture, as few as two implants can be used for a snap-on denture.
- Stability – Your dentures will not slip in your mouth or fall out.
- Durability – Dental implants fuse with your jawbone and serve as a strong anchor to support an arch of teeth.
- Function – Stable dentures improve your chewing efficiency and your ability to speak well.
- Preserves jawbone – When all of your teeth are missing, it’s a signal to your body that the jawbone is no longer needed to support your teeth. Your body resorbs the bone and uses minerals from it elsewhere. Dental implants stimulate bone growth and preserve it, and they help prevent facial collapse.
- Alleviates pressure – Implants prevent dentures from resting on your gums and bone. Otherwise, the pressure from dentures can irritate the gums and accelerate bone loss.
- Affordability – As few as two implants can be used, which costs less than multiple implants. But more implants will provide greater stability.
A Need for Caution
Although your budget might limit you to receiving snap-on dentures with two implants, be very cautious about making your decision based on cost alone. Implant mistakes can cost you more money and time in the long term.
If implants are carelessly placed, or if cheap fixtures are used, mistakes can occur. You can experience nerve impairment, infection, pain, or damage to your sinuses or other orofacial cavities. Implants can loosen, fail, and need to be removed and replaced.
Dr. Sirin has received post-graduate training in implantology. He also uses Planmeca® technology to properly plan for and accurately place your dental implants. An intraoral digital camera, 3D CT scans, and a 3D printer for surgical guides assist in optimal placement of the implants.
Not only is Dr. Sirin concerned about the health of your smile, he will ensure it looks great. High-quality materials and denture teeth are provided for a beautiful natural-looking smile that compliments your facial features.
Snap-On Dentures Complimentary Consultation
If you would like to know if you’re a candidate for snap-on dentures, contact us to request a complimentary consultation.