I’m trying to choose an Elgin dentist for my entire family. I do have insurance, and it’s one of the better plans available, so my list of options is fairly extensive. If at all possible, I’d like to choose someone who can treat us all, so I don’t have to worry about driving everyone to different places. My youngest is five and my oldest is 15, so we’re also hoping to find someone who is good with kids and can maybe do some orthodontics. My husband and I don’t have a whole lot of needs right now, beyond general cleanings and checkups, but it would be nice to find someone who can do cosmetic work down the road if we want. Is this too tall of an order or can I find a single Elgin dentist who does it all (and does it well!)?
Yes, a single office can provide all those services. What you’re looking for is a comprehensive family dental office. Use the checklist below as a guide to help you wade through your choices. Gather info from the doctor’s website and call them to verify any info that isn’t listed there. If you check them all off, it’s likely you’ve found a winner.
Checklist for Choosing the Best Elgin Dentist for Families
- The office sees people of all ages.
- The doctor is knowledgeable in a wide range of techniques.
- The office provides gentle or “caters to cowards” care.
- The doctor is well-versed in various cosmetic procedures.
- The office provides a smile gallery, or a directory of before and after photos.
- Orthodontic options, like Invisalign, are available.
- Value-added services, such as same-day-crowns or digital x-rays are listed.
- Financial options, such as Care Credit, are available, to help you manage unexpected dental surprises.
- You can learn about the doctor, the staff, and the office on their website.
- The team is friendly and personable.
- It’s easy to get to the office.
- They offer flexible appointments, such as evenings or weekends.
- The practice has positive online reviews.
- The office has a website with lots of information about dentistry and the practice.
Many offices will allow you to go in for a tour if you or one of your family members is a bit skittish, but a lot of the information you’ll need in order to make an informed decision about any given practice is available online.
This blog is sponsored by Elgin dentist, Dr. Steve Sirin.